MIDAS VENICE U-16
At first glance, VeniceU looks like a straightforward, easy-to-use analogue audio console – an application it will fulfill with ease. However, a closer look shows that VeniceU is also a hybrid “Digi-log” mixer offering a fusion of both analogue and digital technology.
One look at the VeniceU confirms that this console continues the legacy established by the ground-breaking MIDAS consoles which have been at the heart of so many historic live performances. From the VeniceU’s class-leading EQ filters, to the latest expression of that legendary MIDAS mic preamp, this is a console which compromises only on price.
As with FireWire equipped VeniceF, the VeniceU bridges the gap between analogue and digital audio consoles, and offers the user the ease-of-use, warmth, feel, and zero-latency of analogue, combined with the power, choice and flexibility of outboard digital processing via its 8 x 8 USB digital audio interface.
• 8 mono mic/line inputs, 4 stereo mic/line inputs, 8x8 USB interface. Inc. dustcover
• Overload-tolerant MIDAS mic preamp with polarity switch, high-pass filter and -20 dB pad
• 8 input x 8 output USB digital audio interface - flexible routing options including 6 aux buses, 4 subgroups, both matrix buses and the stereo masters
•The equaliser section features four bands of MIDAS EQ, with swept filters on all 4 bands and an EQ in/out switch
• Individual phantom power for each mic input (including stereo channels)
• Analogue or USB input select switch on 4 stereo input channels, allowing “plug-in” FX and multitrack record mix down
• 6 auxes with individual bus pre/post fade switching and routing to USB
• 7 x 2 matrix with stereo split switching and routing to USB
• Multifunction channels have fully featured mic preamps
• Discrete stereo master bus with individual routing to USB plus discrete mono master bus
• 4 audio subgroups with fader flip to auxes and routing to USB
• Highly efficient integral auto-ranging switch mode power supply
• Rugged, roadworthy, tour-proven construction